Montreal, Canada – August 31, 2011 — Matrox® Video Products Group today announced that broadcast equipment manufacturer Howard Zuckerman & Assoc. Inc. has chosen the Matrox Xmio2 card, part of the Matrox DSX family of developer products, as the heart of its ScoreBox® graphics generation system.
ScoreBox is an easily portable, self-contained, and highly user-configurable on-screen score system designed for any broadcaster producing live TV sports such as basketball, baseball, football, soccer, hockey, volleyball, and wrestling. It interfaces to the arena scoreboard and delivers scores and clocks to the TV truck or video control room. With a simple yet powerful user interface, ScoreBox can be configured to display any look and feel that fits the broadcaster's style. Current users include: Time Warner Sports with over 10 units, Iowa Educational TV, Nebraska Educational TV, KBYU Utah, and more than 70 others.
"Matrox delivers great price/performance, high reliability, and a feature set that is hard for other vendors to match," said Jerry Zuckerman, vice president engineering. "We appreciate the flexibility of the Matrox development environment, which simplifies our software development tasks and lets us be very responsive to the needs of ScoreBox users."
"Matrox and Howard Zuckerman & Assoc. Inc. share the goal of supplying high-quality, yet affordable systems to broadcasters," said Francesco Scartozzi, Matrox director of sales. "ScoreBox brings graphics automation to sports producers who could not justify the expense of leasing traditional systems. It does this while providing unmatched ease of use, and enhancing the value of every production in which it's used."
The Matrox DSX Developer Products will be shown at IBC 2011 on stand 7.B29.
- Easily configurable to user's on-air "look"
- Stadium scoreboard interface for official time and score
- Simple user interface — a new operator can start to use it in minutes
- Displays updates for other games being played
- DVE for shot or play clocks or anything else
- Reasonable cost to own eliminates leasing expense
- Easy display of sponsors' logos provides opportunity for a consistent revenue stream
- Small enough to qualify as airline carry on when in wheel case
About Matrox DSX Developer Products
- Modular architecture gives developers the flexibility to meet technical and price targets for broadcast applications including capture/playout servers, streaming servers, clip and still stores, render farms, character generators, graphics/production servers, automation and master control units, multi-layer effects compositors, and nonlinear editing systems
- Multi-channel HD and SD video/audio I/O support from a single card including 3 Gb/s for 1080p
- Extensive native codec support in HD and SD including DV, D10 for IMX, HDV, DVCPRO HD, MPEG-2 4:2:2, MPEG-2 4:2:2:4 YUVA, MPEG HD for XDCAM HD, MPEG HD422for XDCAM HD422, AVC-Intra for P2, H.264, and Apple ProRes
- Cross platform file format support — MXF, MOV, AVI, MPG, etc.
- Multi-layer onboard HD scaler/compositor
- Professional realtime effects including sub-pixel 2D/3D DVE, color correction, chroma/luma keying, graphics overlay, smooth speed changes, etc.
- Application development support by a team of dedicated, experienced engineers
About Howard Zuckerman & Assoc. Inc.
Based in Woodland Hills, Califorina, Howard Zuckerman & Assoc. Inc. (HZA), have been in the broadcasting business for over 57 years supplying facilities and personnel. Seven years ago the company developed the ScoreBox to use in its own productions. The ScoreBox became an overnight hit. The company continues to supply production facilities and personnel, and to manufacture the ScoreBox. For more information vist www.scorebox.tv.