Intern, Programming / Applications development-Fall 2023 (S-06-02)
As an intern in Programming / Applications development for the IT department, you will take part in the development and maintenance of web applications used by the company’s various business units. You will work in a varied and fast paced environment. You must be well versed in different programming languages.
- Develop new applications as per requested technical specifications.
- Maintain and enhance existing applications.
- Perform complete testing of applications, engaging users as necessary.
- Design and implement user-driven templates, databases and interfaces for ease of use and rapid, real-time information sharing.
- Accurately outline programming tasks for assigned large projects and estimate timeline for work completion.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
- Student in an AEC/ACS or Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Experience in a similar position would be an asset.
- Able to work independently as well as in a team to meet deadlines.
- Self motivated, detail-oriented and organized.
- Advanced knowledge of object oriented programming, programming principles and protocols (Visual Studio.Net, C#, ASP, Ajax, XML).
- Good understanding of database architecture and design using Microsoft SQL.
Documents required when applying
- Transcript (unofficial)
- Cover Letter