Intern, Open Video / IP Standards Testing Intern (S-01-20) -Winter 2024
Matrox Video is launching new product initiatives, supporting, promoting and leveraging Open Standards such as IPMX, Software & Architecture Reuse.
Working towards our open standard initiatives, Matrox will need to ensure that we enable customers to port their applications to our open standards, such as IPMX. To achieve this, we will need to test integration and performance of our open standards with open source media processing streaming services such as Gstreamer & FFMPEG, open source players such as VLC (based on Gstreamer), OBS (based of FFMPEG) and capture/playback plug ins for a variety of apps such as QuickTime & DirectShow.
The selected Intern is directly integrated within the development team and experiences the same working environment as senior developers. For the duration of the internship, work will be done either 100% on-location or in hybrid mode (50% on-location, 50% from home).
Under the supervision of the appropriate engineering manager, you will work independently to test open source streaming services, players and capture plug ins against Matrox’s open standards. Key responsibilities include:
- Working within an SQA team to verify and ensure the reliability, functionality and performance of our Software with various open standards.
- Develop test plans, modify and validate test cases on the various hardware and software components of each product.
- Document test cases and test results.
- Test results (Defect Creation) must include feedback in reproducing and solving product related issues.
- Follow up with Engineering on any issues that need further clarification.
- Review all the bugs entered by the team to ensure they are actual valid bugs, close off duplicates and ask for more details on bugs that are unclear.
- Review product specifications and functional specifications to develop new test cases and ensure proper coverage and validation.
- Bachelor's degree student in Software Engineering or Computer Science having completed a minimum of 45 credits, with a GPA equal to or greater than 2.9/4.3 or 2.6/4.0.
- Experience or interest with cross platform issues, libraries (Windows/Linux) and solutions.
- Experience or interest with Audio-Video over IP technologies and Network Streaming Protocols (RTP, RTSP, RTCP).
- Experience or interest with CODEC technologies and digital video formats.
- Experience or interest with FFmpeg Open Source library and applications like VLC or OBS Studio.
- Experience in debugging real-time scenarios and in multi-threaded environments.
- Experience with unit test frameworks and test-driven development.
- Passion for technology.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Self-motivated and self-starting with good analytics capabilities.
Documents required when applying
- Transcript (unofficial)
- Cover Letter