Intern, Continuous Improvement- Fall 2023 (S-08-02)
The mandate of the Industrial Engineering team is to improve work methods, reduce cycle times, reduce rework and rejects, reduce production costs, identify improvement opportunities, develop software requirements and coordinate the corporate continuous improvement program. This very broad and dynamic mandate presents many challenges in Industrial Engineering.
- Identify improvement opportunities.
- Lead improvement projects related to the supply chain and more specifically the production floor.
- Design of computer systems or improvement of existing systems.
- Use of six sigma techniques (Kaizen, Ishikawa, KPI, ...).
- Elaboration of documentation and training of stakeholders following the implementation of the project.
- Animation of improvement work teams.
- Design of workstations.
- In some cases the candidate will be asked to travel to subcontractors (<10% of time).
- Bachelor's degree in Industrial Engineering, Automated Production Engineering, Operations Management or other combination of relevant education/experience ;
- 1-3 years of experience in a similar role. Experience in high technology production is an asset.
- Experience in cost / schedule / production defect improvement.
- Experience in developing and using KPIs.
- Experience in improvement project management (DMAIC).
- Experience in process engineering, systems engineering and production line design.
- Experience in facilitating group activities: kaizen, process mapping, Ishikawa, 5 Whys, root cause analysis, Gemba Walks, SPC, ...
- Knowledge of the Office suite (including Visio).
- Knowledge of V-model or Agile systems engineering methods.
- Good communicator, organized, curious with good synthesis and analysis skills.
- Comfortable working within a multi-disciplinary team.
- Open to travel (<10% of the time).
- Knowledge of Arena and Ms Project is an asset.
- Basic programming knowledge is an asset (T-SQL, C#, WPF,...).
- Lean six sigma green belt / black belt certification is an asset.
- Experience in robotization / production line automation is an asset.
Documents required when applying
- Transcript (unofficial)
- Cover Letter