C++ Software Designer
Matrox is currently looking for a software developer for its Video products division. The candidate will be integrated as a developer into an experienced Scrum team. We are looking for a candidate who is passionate about software development, who enjoys working as part of a team and who wants to deliver high quality products to our customers.
Using the C ++ programming language, you will participate in the design, development and maintenance of cross-platform software media files reading and writing components used by top television broadcasters, post-production facilities, and multimedia producers for broadcast and real-time non-linear editing around the world.
- Develop applications in C++, with Visual Studio, QTCreator and Xilinx SDK for Windows and Linux platforms.
- Design and develop new features;
- Participate in daily scrums, retrospective meetings, iteration planning and review;
- Participate in code reviews;
- Maintain and improve the quality of existing code;
- Create unit tests and integration tests;
- Develop client applications to demonstrate the use of new features;
- Collaborate with other development teams.
- Bachelor degree in Computer engineering, Electrical engineering with computer science option or Computer science;
- 1 to 5 years of experience in C++;
- Very good knowledge of object-oriented programming;
- Experience with Visual Studio and/or Linux development environment (GCC, CLANG, makefile, bash scenario, gdb);
- Experience in UM techniques and practices;
- Experience debugging in real-time scenarios and multi-threaded environments;
- Experience with programming embedded systems is an (asset);
- Experience with network protocols for managing multimedia streams (RTP, RTSP, MPEG-2 TS) is an asset;
- Experience with Agile development processes is an (asset);
- Experience with JIRA, Git, Bitbucket is an (asset);
- Fluency in French and English (oral and written).
What can you expect from Matrox
As a member of our team, you will be given the opportunity and tools to be successful in a challenging and rewarding position.
Our benefits plan and work environment aim to provide our employees with a healthy balance and quality of work life. We offer:
- Group insurance plan;
- Training and tuition reimbursement;
- Onsite access to sports and recreational facilities (gym, pool, basketball courts, hockey rink, yoga classes, walking trails);
- Fully-stocked cafeteria and access to BBQs and terrace;
- Onsite, company-subsidized daycare and camp programs;
- Flexible working schedule and summer hours;
- Free and abundant onsite parking;
- Access to forthcoming REM line.