As a Technical Writer for the Video Division, you will work with other experienced writers to produce, edit, and deliver concise, easy-to-understand technical documentation. You should be self-directed and team-oriented with the ability to understand the needs of varied audiences.
As a Technical Writer, your main responsibilities will be to:
- Create, write, update, and deliver concise, easy-to-understand technical documentation for our hardware and software products (e.g. user guides, help, installation guides, release notes, etc.);
- Proofread and copyedit API documentation produced by our Engineering team;
- Communicate with engineering, marketing, project management, and product management to understand new products and extract the required information for proper documentation;
- Write and/or edit text in English and publish documents in print and/or digital formats;
- Adapt content for different audiences and formats;
- Research features to be documented;
- Participate in peer reviews.
- Bachelor's degree in English, Communications, Computer Science, or related field;
- Minimum of 1 year of technical writing experience for hardware/software products;
- Detail-oriented with strong deduction, analytical, and problem solving skills;
- Excellent English communication skills, including writing, editing, and proofreading;
- Good command of French oral communication skills;
- Working knowledge of the publishing tools used to develop manuals and on-line help (Adobe FrameMaker, Adobe Acrobat, Microsoft Word);
- Tech-savvy with the ability to learn new hardware and software features;
- Ability to assimilate and convey complex concepts concisely and effectively;
- A proven team player who is also independent and proactive;
- Good organizational and time management skills.
- Working knowledge of Photoshop or similar tools;
- Working knowledge of HTML & CSS;
- Usability and testing skills.
- Cover letter;
- At least one writing sample.
- During the training period, the Technical Writer may have to come to the office for hands-on training on our hardware products.