Technical writers in Matrox's Imaging division are responsible for documenting Matrox Imaging's various hardware products, the Matrox Imaging Library (MIL) and Matrox Design Assistant (DA). Using their programming and technical expertise, they document reference material, concepts and processes. Technical writers benefit from learning and working on multiple aspects of a product, obtaining a global view of the product.
- Update the function reference and user guide of MIL and of Matrox DA with new functionalities;
- Learn about the new functionality and the underlying concepts, to provide good explanations;
- Write clear and concise descriptions in English, paying attention to missing information, detail, flow, grammar, and consistency;
- Illustrate concepts using basic drawings, and possibly animated GIFs and 3D drawings;
- Communicate with developers and other teams to clarify information that needs to be documented and/or elaborated.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, or related field;
- Knowledge of C, C++, C#, Java, Python, or related language;
- Excellent written and oral English communication skills. Preferably with some knowledge of French;
- Good deduction skills and ability to grasp technical concepts quickly;
- Attentive to detail and consistency;
- Ability to work under pressure, multi-task, and manage priorities;
- Good interpersonal skills;
- Asset: 3D modeling skills;
- Note: No experience required.