- Technical Support
- Dorval, QC
We are looking for a skilled and experienced support technician who strives to offer an incredible technical customer service experience. The ideal candidate is able to think about problems from the customer's point of view and is interested in solving complex and challenging issues. This is highly visible position within Matrox where you are the voice of the customer.
- Strive towards resolving the hardware or software problems of our clients and resellersas quickly and efficiently as possible;
- Troubleshooting via telephone, e-mail and user forums;
- Be responsible for determining if a product is defective (approve RMA request);
- Document all client interactions using a database in order to maintain a history of our clients and their problems;
- Gather data on each client during your interaction using a pre-defined template;
- Escalate unresolved cases to your Supervisor/Manager.
- DEC or AEC in Computer Science, Software quality or in a related field;
- Knowledge of hardware with some knowledge of software environment;
- Previous technical support experience, customer service and computer hardware experience would be considered as assets;
- No prior experience is required, but is an asset; training will be provided;
- Knowledge of Linux would be considered an asset;
- Excellent English communication skills with knowledge of written and spoken French;
- Speaking one of the following is an asset; German, Spanish, Chinese, Japanese;
- Solid written and verbal communication skills, strong interpersonal skills, and an orientation toward providing excellent service are required;
- The workweek is 37.5h a week, due to the nature of the work, the ideal candidate should be flexible to work weekdays shift coverage from 7:30 am EST to 6:00 pm EST.