Matrox is currently looking for a Software design team leader for its Video products. The candidate selected will lead a small team of software developers responsible for the development and support of various software development kits components (SDK) used by our OEM customers for the development of various applications.
The new employee will lead the design, development and integration of different software components and manage several projects concurrently. We are looking for a candidate who is passionate about software development, who enjoys working and leading a team and who wants to deliver high quality products to our customers. The new employee will be responsible to lead a Scrum software development team owning software components, which will get deployed in Cloud Computing environments. The candidate selected is dynamic, positive and inspiring, which will enable him to motivate a software development team in full expansion.
Using the C ++ programming language, you will participate in the design, development and maintenance of cross-platform software components used by top television broadcasters, post-production facilities, and multimedia producers for broadcast and real-time non-linear editing around the world.
- Organize daily scrum meetings, sprint planning, review and retrospective meetings;
- Collaborate with the software manager to fully understand customer requirements;
- Lead, Design and develop new functionalities;
- Participate in code reviews;
- Promote, maintain and improve the quality of existing code;
- Encourage and create unit tests and integration tests;
- Stimulate the development of sample applications that demonstrate the use of new features;
- Collaborate with other development teams.
- Bachelor's degree in Software Engineering, Electrical Engineering with computer science option or Computer Science;
- Strong knowledge of object oriented programming;
- 5 years of experience in software development in C++;
- At least 3 years of experience leading a software development team:
- Excellent communication skills.
- Must be Fluent in both French and English (spoken and written);
- JIRA, Agile/Scrum tool;
- Git/ Bitbucket version control and code review;
- Visual Studio;
- GCC, CLANG, CMake, Make (makefiles), bash, gdb, powershell;
- RestAPI, socket programming, WebSocket;
- Node.js , Windows IIS, Google Cloud Tools;
- Video codec (H.264) and media files technology (AVI, MOV, MXF);
- Knowledge of unit test frameworks;
- Knowledge of Microsoft COM technologies.
- Experience in Agile and Scrum practices;
- Experience in debugging real-time scenarios and in multi-threaded environments;
- Writing multiplatform libraries (Windows/Linux);
- Experience in UML techniques and practices;
- Could Computing environment: Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure, Docker.