Matrox Video is a global manufacturer of encoders and decoders, IP KVM extenders, video wall controllers, broadcast and infrastructure products for the professional broadcast industry.
We are expanding our reach by migrating some of our core products to the cloud and are growing our team. We are looking for innovative & passionate changemakers that have core technical skills who wish to expand into new territories and help us achieve our vision.
The Software Manager will be responsible for on-time software delivery for his product area. You will be leading development team leaders, software architects and software developers:
- Lead the Team Leaders and senior Software Developers with extensive video domain experience to deliver software features per roadmap objectives using Agile best practices;
- Ensure that the software is developed according to best practices as defined by Matrox and industry standards;
- Work with various stakeholders to deliver best in class high-quality products to our customers;
- Mentor and motivate team members to ensure they grow to their full potential;
- Set measurable goals for conducting team reviews based on company goals, department goals, and personal goals;
- Promote keeping homogeneity and consistency of software architectural design across all products, including software reuse.
- Bachelor's degree in Software Engineering, Electrical Engineering with computer science option or Computer Science;
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in managing software development teams, with a track record of building and mentoring a team;
- Experience evolving in an Agile (Scrum) development cycle, building, and delivering high quality software on-time;
- Experience with defining and maintaining public API’s and SDK’s used by 3rd parties & OEM’s;
- Experience with cross platform issues, libraries (Windows/Linux) and solutions;
- Interest in cloud-based computing environments such as Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure, Docker;
- Be results oriented and contributing in a collaborative environment;
- Excellent communication skills in both French and English;
- Self-motivated and self-starting with good analytics capabilities and excellent hands-on skills.
Additional Competencies & Attributes
Example of technology you will be working with:
- Experience in debugging real-time scenarios and in multi-threaded environments;
- Experience with modern CI/CD environments;
- Real-time, multi-threaded environments;
- Multiplatform libraries (Windows/Linux);
- Cloud Computing environments by Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure, Docker;
- GCC, CLANG, CMake, Make (makefiles), bash, gdb, powershell;
- C++11, RestAPI, socket programming, WebSocket;
- Node.js, Windows IIS, Google Cloud Tools;
- Video codec (H.264) and media files technology (AVI, MOV, MXF);
- Video and audio effects and processing;
- Hardware architecture of computers;
- Unit test frameworks and test-driven development;
- JIRA & Confluence environments;
- Git/ Bitbucket version control and code review;
The following are considered valuable assets
- Passion for technology and great products;
- Ability to work in an organization with cross functional teams;
- Knowledge of the broadcast industry and standards;
What can you expect from Matrox
- A friendly, diverse, and team-oriented work environment;
- A rewarding and motivating work experience;
- Several fitness options such as: gym, ball-hockey rink, outdoor pool, volleyball, and basketball courts;
- A variety of benefits such as: flexible work hours, a tuition reimbursement program, and a profit-sharing program;
- Cafeteria and daycare are also available on site.
Who is Matrox
For over 45 years, Matrox Video has been a technology and market leader in the field of digital video hardware and software for accelerated H.264 encoding, real-time editing, streaming, capture/play-out servers, channel-in-a box systems, and CGs. Matrox has helped customers navigate smoothly from analog to SDI, from SD to HD and then to UHD, and now from SDI to IP.
Our products such as the X.mio5, DSXLE5 and M264, together with our software tools ensure optimized and reliable performance. Manufacturers of equipment from around the world rely on Matrox technology to create high performance products in extremely complex and demanding environments.