Matrox Imaging is an industry-leading designer and trusted supplier to top OEMs and integrators, providing innovative hardware and software products used in machine vision applications. The components consist of 3D sensors, smart cameras, vision controllers, I/O cards, and frame grabbers, all designed to provide optimum price-performance within a common software environment.
The Senior Applications Specialist develops software and provides technical support and services to our clients, Sales team and the Marketing teams. You will have to:
- Develop software for machine vision applications;
- Work with customers, R&D, technical staff to solve technical software or hardware issues by telephone, e-mail and remote applications;
- Provide feedback to R&D, Marketing and Sales regarding technical problems and customer requirements;
- Opportunity to specialize in a specific vision development module/product.
- Provide technical training to customers, sales managers (engineers) and others as required;
- Support the Application Specialists in the performance of their tasks by serving as a technical reference through his/her experience and knowledge in the field;
- Willing, available and able to travel internationally to visit customers for support and trainings.
- Bachelor or Master degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering, or Computer Science;
- At least 5 years of job specific & relevant experience to this position;
- Good working knowledge of C, C++, C# and VB programming languages;
- Excellent command of English written and spoken, and functional in French;
- Good working knowledge of structured programming theory and object-oriented programming;
- Knowledge of PCs, familiarity with Windows, and Linux Operating Systems;;
- Superior communication, interpersonal and problem-solving skills.