Reporting to the Manager of the Project Management Department, your mandate will be to provide Project Management expertise for engineering projects assigned to you. You will work closely with the Product Management team to ensure market and customer requirements are identified and incorporated into the research and development process.
In this role, your responsibilities will include:
- Participate in new product definitions, feasibility studies, and coordinate efforts to obtain convergence and consolidation of requirements;
- Create and maintain schedules to track project deliverables from key suppliers, Engineering, Manufacturing and Sales departments. Ensure that they are communicated to all stakeholders and actively manage issue resolution;
- Act as a point of contact between key customers and internal resources, including for customer quality audits;
- Ensure all project documentation is created and updated as necessary (including Marketing Requirements Document, Project Requirements Documents, Functional Specifications, Design Documents);
- Work with production planners to monitor and keep production ramp times reasonably short, while managing risk purchases of long lead-time components for unreleased products under development;
- Conduct weekly engineering status meetings (per project) to track the progress of deliverables and identify the issues which may have an impact on the project schedule and product target definition/specification;
- Follow-up and coordinate the project execution with all internal and external stakeholders;
- Follow-up on the maintenance of the Bill of Materials for configuration, programming and packaging elements;
- Work with Technical Support and Applications Engineering teams to manage customer expectations and maintain comprehensive lists of open issues;
- Act as a point of contact for component life cycle issues impacting production with the objective to minimize the resulting disruption to customers and revenue;
- Identify improvement opportunities (suggestions regarding design, product features, product test coverage, etc.) involving Engineering, Operations or Manufacturing;
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering;
- Minimum 3 years of project management experience on engineering projects.
- 3+ years’ experience in engineering design;
- Organized, attentive to details, excellent interpersonal skills, and demonstrated competence in directing projects;
- Ability to host internal and external meetings;
- Team player and motivated self-starter capable of adapting to a continuously changing landscape.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification;
- Any formal training in Project Management;
- Good understanding of video technologies, broadcast market, and AV market