Established over 45 years ago, Matrox quickly established an international reputation as a leader in the design and development of software and hardware solutions for video and imaging (machine vision) applications. Matrox continues to consistently exceed customer expectations through constant innovation and the highest manufacturing standards.
POSITION SUMMARY :
As a member of the Production Engineering team, the candidate will have the role of advancing the proposed various automation projects.
JOINING THE MATROX PNPI TEAM IS TO:
- Work with advanced technologies in digital imaging and video / graphics processing;
- Continuously meet new challenges with the introduction of each new product;
- Discover different production environments with our subcontractors;
- Be part of a Quebec grown company that promotes work-life balance;
- Take advantage of many benefits such as flexible hours, a tuition reimbursement program, a profit-sharing plan and an on-site daycare;
- Stay in shape thanks to our various sport facilities including a gym, an outdoor swimming pool, an ice rink as well as a basketball and volleyball court.
Within the Production Engineering Support team, your day-to-day responsibilities will include:
- Design and implement mechanical, electrical or software systems that improve productivity;
- Assist in the implementation of the currently defined automation strategy;
- Ensure the resolution of problems that arise during automation projects;
- After familiarizing yourself with the production environment, propose automation opportunities;
- Ensure the proper functioning of the PLCs when they are in production;
- Take part in the research of new equipment when required.
- Bachelor's degree in automated production engineering, electrical engineering or mechanical engineering;
- Knowledge of at least one object oriented programming language (OOP);
- Experience in programming microcontroller or PLC, applications involving machine vision and mechanical systems based on 3D CAD;
- Fluency in French and English, written and oral;
- Ability to meet deadlines;
- Autonomous, innovative, attentive to detail and thorough.