Matrox Imaging is an industry-leading developer and trusted supplier to top OEMs and integrators, providing innovative hardware and software products used in machine vision applications. The components consist of 3D sensors, smart cameras, vision controllers, I/O cards, and frame grabbers, all designed to provide optimum price-performance within a common software environment.
In collaboration with the development teams of autonomous imaging subsystems, acquisition and image processing cards or cameras, you will have to participate in various aspects related to the design, validation and development of several complex products intended for automated industrial inspection applications. These systems perform image acquisition, processing and interfacing with various devices allowing real-time inspection of industrial manufacturing processes.
Your primary mandate will be to participate in various aspects of optical design and validation of camera products based on CMOS sensors and LED based lighting solutions. As part of your duties, you will have to:
- Specify the characteristics of optical components;
- Develop optical characteristics measurement procedures for their deployment in the optical laboratory and in the production clean room;
- Take various measurements to characterize the quality of our 2D cameras (signal/noise ratio, dynamic range, quantum efficiency, etc.);
- Take different measurements to characterize the performance of new acquisition technologies, in a controlled environment;
- Establish performance criteria in order to select the most suitable technologies for future products;
- Produce reports to document the results of the characterization;
- Provide support to equipment designers during product development;
- Participate to international machine vision technical standardization committees.
- Bachelor or Master degree in physics or physics engineering;
- Practical knowledge of CMOS image sensors;
- Some knowledge in the field of 3D acquisition would be an asset;
- Open to travel occasionally;
- Must be fluent in French and English (oral and written).