The role of the Network Administrator is a technical position with in-depth knowledge of network configuration, management, protocols and best practice.
- Manage the LAN, WAN, internet and telephony networks 24/7 for incidents, utilization and availability.
- Provide support and maintenance on existing network devices, Cisco routers and switches across all sites.
- Participate and make recommendations for continuous network improvements with a strong emphasis on network security, performance and availability.
- Assist with the management and monitoring of firewall and other security software
- Partial and full involvement in various network projects such as; ISP implementations in remote offices and network equipment refresh
- Provide timely assistance to Matrox staff by resolving various network related issues.
- Provide reports on various metrics: performance, availability, utilization.
- Support performance testing and application benchmarking activities.
- Participate in continuous improvement of existing processes and standards.
- Maintain accurate and comprehensive documentation and diagrams of network infrastructure.
- Assist the Network team with network troubleshooting and architecture/topology design and implementation.
- Must be familiar with cabling principals within telecom closets and on telecom racks.
- Provide out of business hours network on call support and change management.
- Partial and full involvement in managing cloud based services (Office 365, MDM, etc)
- Adhere to Incident management and change management procedures.
- Manage project-time accurately as per assignments.
- Assist Helpdesk Team with troubleshooting and resolving escalated issues.
- 2 years of experience with large enterprise networks
- Experience in building business cases and providing estimates
- Bachelor degree or equivalent in computer engineering, software, or related discipline
- CISCO CCNA
- Scripting skills
- Excellent knowledge of network protocols ( all OSI layers )
- Extensive knowledge of MS Office tools
- Knowledge of network management, network availability, and capacity management
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and work towards long-term goals
- Flexibility and openness to change
- Data Center environment, Nexus, Checkpoint
- Cisco Wi-Fi networks, including Cisco Prime, WLCs, APs, ACS, ISE and all related technologies knowledge
- Cloud solutions ( Azure/AWS ) knowledge and experience
- Excellent oral, written and presentation skills.