Do you have experience in web development and a passion for continuously learning? If so, then this internship may be perfect for you! As a Junior Web Developer on the Matrox Imaging technical writing team, you will work directly alongside a dedicated team of technical writers and an experienced Web Developer / XML Programmer, to help produce and publish the documentation for our software products, including: Matrox Imaging Library (MIL) and Matrox Design Assistant. You will use your programming and technical expertise to develop custom solutions, and provide support to the technical writing team along the way.
- Develop, enhance, and maintain the infrastructure for Matrox Imaging software manuals.
- Research and develop features and improvements for a custom, web-based help system.
- Develop and update error checks and validations for XML source files.
- Develop and update test cases for the documentation test suites.
- Collaborate with the technical writers to establish requirements, and partake in brainstorming sessions to improve the documentation accessibility and user experience, the structure of its source files, and the documentation tools.
- Assist and support the technical writers in day-to-day tasks and workflows.
- Assist in maintaining software installations and hardware components for the team.
- Complete tasks with well thought out solutions that demonstrate technical proficiency and are maintainable.
- Grasp the full scope of tasks, asking questions during the process to clarify what is not understood.
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Web Design and Development, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Software Engineering, or related field.
- Knowledge of Java or C#, and an understanding of object-oriented programming principles.
- Knowledge of XML, XSLT, XPath, and XML Schema (XSD) an asset.
- Keen in keeping abreast with the latest web technologies.
- Autonomous, analytical, open-minded, meticulous, and organized.
- Ability to work under pressure, learn quickly, multi-task, and manage priorities.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Ability to speak and write in English.