This role combines internet networking with the world of broadcast and ProAV Video. As a member of the Product management team, you will design, configure, commission and systematically trouble shoot Ethernet/IP networks, specifically for use of video technology in broadcast and ProAV markets.
- Design, document and deployment plan the integration of Matrox’s IP video products within IP networks for broadcast and ProAV infrastructures;
- Interface with customers to commission and perform trouble shooting of networks;
- Liaise with Matrox engineering and technical support departments to improve the IP video product offerings based on real world requirements;
- Create and maintain comprehensive documentation for implemented networks and new technologies;
- Develop and refine best practices.
- College diploma in computer science, computer networking or a related field, combined with 3 years of recent relevant technical experience;
- Strong experience and comfort level with Linux/Unix;
- Expert knowledge of IP Networking Protocols (IGMPv2/v3, RIP, BGP, OSPF, EIGRP);
- Experience dealing with “complex” networks involving security, scale, performance and up-time/reliability including maintaining pristine up-time and latency for live events;
- Expert knowledge of Internet network technologies (DNS, Firewall, SSH, HTTP);
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Strong follow-up skills;
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Some Network trouble shooting experience;
- Some experience in SAN, CIFS, NFS technologies;
- Knowledge of Internet protocol engineering (IPE); Ethernet/IP Stack; IPv4, IPv6, Packet Analysis;
- Practical hands-on experience designing, deploying, configuring, supporting, trouble shooting, debugging and administering the following network protocols and technologies: ACL, ARP, BGP (RFC 4271), DHCP, 1G/10G Ethernet (IEEE 802.3ab & IEEE 802.3ae), Flow Control, ICMP, IGMP, IPv4 & IPv6, LACP, LLDP, MPLS, NAT, Open Flow, OSPF (RFC 2328), PIM, QOS, RIP, Sflow, SNMP, STP/RSTP/MST (IEEE 802.1d), VARP/VRRP, VLAN (IEEE 802.1q), VRF