The Application Engineer Internship (OEM Solutions) is a unique role as it requires a challenging mix of technical expertise in software development and a seasoned customer approach skill. You must clearly and thoroughly communicate technical details and development concepts, while being an accomplished customer service professional. You will be working closely with internationally known customers/leaders in their respective fields, who integrate Matrox technologies in their applications and devices. Under the supervision of the Technical Support Manager, you will analyze customer requirements and contribute to the development and enhancement of SDKs, including APIs, device drivers, setup packages, sample code and more. Moreover, you will work on problems of diverse scopes, where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors, while exercising your judgment within generally defined practices and policies in selecting methods for obtaining solutions.
Working alongside the current OEM support team, you will be exposed to;
- Developing, building and maintaining a software applications library to demonstrate the capabilities of the Matrox development platform;
- Hold a registry of interactions with the clients to document the history of their problems and applied solutions;
- Shadow OEM agent that will interface directly with customers, development engineers (software and hardware), Product and Project Managers and Sales Representatives on product requirements, deployment and technical issues;
- Ensure that design and code are well documented;
- Perform maintenance and enhancements to existing products;
- Participate in setting up complex systems to reproduce customer environments.
- Enrolled in a Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer science or other related domain;
- Good experience with the Windows environment;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Well organized and meticulous;
- Ability to communicate in French and English, verbally and in written form.
- Attention to detail with organizational skills;
- Must be fluent in English/French;
- Excellent written and oral communications skills.
- Good knowledge of Linux operating systems;
- Networking and/or digital video experience;
- C++ and C # programming experience;
- Knowledge of German, Chinese or Japanese will be considered an asset.
Documents required when applying