As a member of the frame grabber FPGA team, you will participate in various aspects of design, validation and fine-tuning of an image acquisition board. These PCIe boards interface with high frame rate industrial cameras. The acquisition and pre-processing performed by the frame grabber is essential to achieve real-time industrial inspection. Your primary task will be to assist in validating the on-board programmable logic (FPGA), which is the heart of the frame grabber.
You will have to:
- Specify, develop, simulate and debug a series of test cases in C++ covering specific functionality, using a functional simulator (i.e. Modelsim®);
- Develop functions in C++ that are used for prediction of the functional simulation results;
- Conceive/modify/model FPGA modules or interfaces using a hardware description language (VHDL);
- Write Perl scripts and/or batch file to ease result analysis and automate repetitive tasks;
- Acquire a good knowledge of every model around the FPGA, along with a good understanding of the FPGA internal operation and its interfaces (PCIe, DDR4, etc.);
- Create tests that can run on prototypes on the test bench, in order to test, verify and debug the FPGA and/or the board itself.
- Actively participate in the updating/bring up of the main board and its different acquisition modules.
- Bachelor’s degree student in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or Computer Science;
- Having completed a minimum of 75 credits and a GPA equal or higher than 2.9/4.3 or 2.6/4.0;
- Good knowledge of C or C++ language.
- Some knowledge of a hardware description language, such as VHDL or Verilog/System Verilog.
- Experience with CAD software tools, such Modelsim and Xilinx ISE.
- Ability for problem solving and debugging.
- Comfortable on test benches and familiar with analysis equipment;
- Fluent in French and English.
Documents required when applying