The selected intern will be required to perform a diverse range of tasks to support various initiatives within the accounting group, and more specifically related to accounts payable.
- Assemble, review and verify invoices and check requests;
- Flag and clarify any unusual or questionable invoice items or prices;
- Sort, code and match invoices;
- Set invoices up for payment;
- Enter and upload invoices into the system;
- Track expenses and process expense reports;
- Prepare and process electronic transfers and payments;
- Prepare and perform check runs;
- Post transactions to journals, ledgers and other records;
- Reconcile accounts payable transactions;
- Prepare analysis of accounts;
- Monitor accounts to ensure payments are up to date;
- Research and resolve invoice discrepancies and issues;
- Maintain vendor files;
- Correspond with vendors and respond to inquiries;
- Provide supporting documentation for audits.
- Student completing their Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance or related field;
- Technical requirements: Excel and MS Office;
- Ability to navigate a fast-pace environment with a high level of autonomy;
- Attention to detail;
- Good knowledge of English and French, written and spoken.
Documents required to apply
- Cover Letter