Providing technical support to customers, sales engineers, in-house representatives and market specialists is what an Applications Specialist does best! Your role as a Field application engineer will combine technical expertise with knowledge of sales techniques to improve sales and set new organizational objectives. Day-to-day tasks performed include maintaining relationships with our clients and representatives.
The person will be based in: Beijing, China.
- Work with technical staff and customers to solve technical software or hardware problems by telephone and/or e-mail;
- Develop software specific applications and demos for customers;
- Support customers across multiple markets and territories when technical issues arise. Provide field service and hands-on troubleshooting at customer sites, and coordinate on-site support efforts with Matrox HQ;
- Provide feedback to Engineering, Marketing and Sales regarding technical problems;
- Represent Matrox at tradeshows and other business events and assist with configuration and preparation of tradeshow equipment and demos;
- Participate in customer meetings in conjunction with sales;
- Dispatch qualified leads to Matrox channel partners;
- Provide technical training to customers, colleagues and others as required.
- Travel will be required.
- A university degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering, or Computer Science;
- Minimum 2 years of relevant experience;
- A good working knowledge of structured programming theory, knowledge of Visual C/C++/C
- Good programming skills in Linux (applications programming);
- An excellent command of written and spoken English;
- Superior communication, interpersonal and problem-solving skills;
- Autonomous and self-motivated;
- Ability to work well under pressure in a multitasking environment;
- Knowledge of Korean and/or Japanese would be considered an asset.