For 45 years, Matrox, a privately held Canadian company, has been synonymous with technology and innovation. A market leader in designing software and hardware solutions for Pro AV/IT, video, and imaging/machine vision applications, Matrox combines engineering excellence with deep industry expertise to deliver unique solutions that help our customers achieve their goals. Matrox has earned its reputation as an industry leader by consistently meeting customer requirements for innovative technology and the highest manufacturing standards.
Matrox is currently looking for a supervisor for a team of printed circuit board and mechanical designers that works in close relationship with the engineering teams. The candidate will actively participate in the mechanical design of products for the Video group.
- Supervision of printed circuit board and mechanical designers;
- Mechanical design of products for the Video group;
- CAD software administration (PCB, mechanical, simulation);
- Management and maintenance of the component library (symbols, geometry);
- Management of the 3D library for the electrical – mechanical synchronization;
- Develop tools (scripts, programs) to automate workflow;
- Plan work schedule of designers based on project priorities;
- Run electrical and thermal simulations;
- Support engineering and CAD teams on PCB tools (schematic, layout);
- Translate external reference PCB designs to our CAD tools.
- Bachelor degree in mechanical engineering;
- At least 5 years of experience in mechanical design;
- At least 2 years of experience in managing a team;
- Good knowledge in 3D drawing technique;
- Excellent knowledge of 3D tool such as Solidworks;
- Knowledge of PCB manufacturing process;
- Good understanding of electrical schematic and PCB layout;
- Interest in mechanical integration and packaging of electronic assemblies;
- Good knowledge of programming languages (VB, an asset);
- Good leadership skills and able to take decisions;
- Able to work under pressure on simultaneous projects;
- Flexible and can adapt to changes;
- Autonomous and dynamic;
- Organized person and attentive to details;
- Good communicator and have strong management skills;
- Good knowledge of both English and French.
What can you expect from Matrox
- Environment that favors work-family-life balance;
- A friendly, diverse and team-oriented work environment;
- A rewarding and motivating work experience;
- A variety of benefits such as: Flexible work hours, remote work, a tuition reimbursement program and profit sharing;
- Cafeteria and daycare are also available on site.