Your unique role requires a challenging mix of technical expertise in software development, while remaining customer oriented to exceed our clients' expectations throughout the whole product life cycle. The applications specialist must communicate technical details and development concepts clearly and thoroughly, while working on numerous projects in different environments and learning about multi layered products. Moreover, the candidate will help develop hardware and software product-lines for reputable customers while participating in game changing decision-making among many different industries who integrate Matrox technologies.
Software Engineering and Development
- Analyse customer requirements and contribute to the development and enhancement of Software development kits (SDKs), including work on APIs, device drivers, setup packages, sample code and more;
- Hands-on architecture, detailed design and development of software in C/C++/C# and other languages, as required;
- Collaborate directly with hardware and software developers, Product/Project Managers and Sales Representatives on product requirements, deployment and technical issues;
- Challenge current products and processes for continuous improvement and make recommendations regarding new software features;
- Perform maintenance and enhancements to existing products while ensuring design/codes are well documented.
Technical Account Management
- Participate in large-scale project with organizations from fortune 500, public services and process control;
- Be the voice for the customer to help to create products that accurately represents the client's wants and needs;
- Create a solid customer relationship with clients and provide programming level support to them using Matrox's SDKs;
- Hold a registry of interactions with the clients to document the history of their problems and applied solutions;
- Participate in establishing project schedules, ensure they are followed, inform of delays and propose corrective action;
- Travel to trade shows and large events may be required.
- Bachelors degree in Electrical, Computer Engineering, Computer Science or a related discipline;
- Solid programming skills in Visual C/C++/C#, as well as knowledge of Windows, and MFC;
- Strong knowledge of Object Orientated concepts and design;
- Experience defining and implementing public API interfaces and coding applications in a Microsoft Windows environment;
- Excellent design and programming skills;
- Attention to detail with organizational skills;
- Strong customer focus, interpersonal skills and team player;
- Excellent written and oral communications skills, both in French and in English.
- Good programming skills in Linux (applications programming);
- Networking, video compression or streaming protocol experience ;
- Knowledge of German, Chinese or Japanese.