Download Matrox Axio.utils 4.2.1 DVD content
To install the Axio.utils 4.2.1 DVD content, you must first uninstall any previous version of Matrox Axio.utils by choosing Start > All Programs > Matrox Axio.utils > Uninstall Matrox Axio.utils.
Important: Before installing Matrox Axio.utils version 4.2.1, you must install Adobe Premiere Pro and Media Encoder CS4 4.2 or later. The Adobe software and Matrox Axio.utils must be installed on an NTFS-formatted drive (usually your system drive).
After installing your Adobe software, you should install any other third-party programs for which you want to install the Matrox WYSIWYG plug-in, such as Adobe After Effects, Adobe Photoshop, and eyeon Fusion.
Matrox Axio.utils 4.2.1 download
You must add the Matrox website to your zone of trusted sites
To download the Matrox files, you must use Windows Internet Explorer and add the Matrox website to your zone of trusted sites. To do this, choose Tools > Internet Options > Security, select Trusted Sites, and click the Sites button. In the Trusted Sites dialog box, clear the Require server verification (https:) for all sites in this zone option. You can then add the following Matrox website to your zone of trusted sites:ftp://hftp.matrox.com
- Make sure that you've added the Matrox website to your zone of trusted sites as explained above, and then download
the following files to the same folder on your hard drive:
Axio_421.bat (1 KB)
Note: When server traffic is heavy, you may be prompted to enter your user name and password to connect to the Matrox FTP server. This indicates that the maximum connection limit to the server has been reached. If this happens, click Cancel in the displayed dialog box, and then try the download again later.
- Once you've downloaded all the files into the same folder, right-click the .001 file and choose Properties. If you see a security message on the General tab indicating that the file came from another computer and might be blocked, click the Unblock button. Do this for each of the downloaded files.
- Run the .bat file to reassemble the files. Some browsers may attach a .zip extension to the end of the .001 split file. You must remove the .zip extension from the .001 file before running the .bat file.
- Open the resulting .zip file and extract all the files to your hard drive.
- Once the files have been extracted, run the AxioSetup.exe file and follow the onscreen instructions.
- If you want to create Matrox 1080p @ 29.97 fps sequences, download the following file: email@example.com (1 KB)
- Run the .zip file and extract the Matrox sequence preset file (1080p @ 29.97 fps.sqpreset).
- Under the folder where you installed Adobe Premiere Pro (such as C:\Program Files (x86) on a 64-bit Windows system), copy the preset file to the following location: \Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CS4\Settings\Sequence Presets\Matrox – HD\1920x1080\
For Windows 7 users: When installing Matrox Axio.utils on a Windows 7 system, Windows will check the Microsoft Windows Update website for the latest device drivers, which will slow down the installation. To prevent this, click the status message that appears in the Windows notification area during the driver installation, and in the displayed dialog box, click "Skip obtaining driver software from Windows Update."