Matrox VFW Software Codecs
Version 1.0 (build 33)
(April 5, 2012)
The Matrox Video for Windows (VFW) software codecs let you render and play back Matrox .avi files in your VFW programs without having Matrox video hardware installed. This release fixes a stability issue for using the Matrox VFW software codecs on systems that have more than 4 GB of RAM.
The following VFW software codecs are provided for use on 32-bit and 64-bit Windows operating systems:
- Matrox DV/DVCAM
- Matrox DVCPRO
- Matrox DVCPRO50
- Matrox DVCPRO HD
- Matrox MPEG-2 I-frame in SD and HD resolutions, with or without alpha
- Matrox Uncompressed in SD and HD resolutions, with or without alpha
- Matrox Offline HD (playback only)
- Matrox M-JPEG and HDV (playback only)
Note: If you have an earlier version of the Matrox VFW software codecs already installed on your computer, you must uninstall these codecs before installing this version.
- Download the following file to your hard drive:
VFWCodecs_10033.exe (10.9 MB)
- Run the downloaded file to start the Matrox VFW Software Codecs Setup program.
- Follow the onscreen instructions.