RT.X2 Software updates
Matrox Mtx.utils version 5.0(November 15, 402 MB)
Matrox Mtx.utils 5.0 provides the following new features for RT.X2 products:
- Support for Adobe Creative Suite 5 Production Premium, including Adobe Premiere Pro CS5, Adobe Encoder CS5, and Adobe Encore CS5 (earlier versions of these programs are not supported). You can continue to take advantage of the realtime playback features of your Matrox hardware, and also benefit from tight integration with the Adobe Mercury Playback Engine.
Note: For details on how to work with Matrox Axio and RT.X2 CS4 projects using Adobe Premiere Pro CS5, see the Matrox RT.X2 Release Notes.
- Unified software for working with Adobe Premiere Pro CS5 projects on Matrox Axio, RT.X2, and MXO2 systems. This means that Matrox projects you create using Premiere Pro CS5 on Axio or RT.X2 can be edited on an MXO2 system, and Matrox projects created using Premiere Pro CS5 on MXO2 can be edited on an Axio or RT.X2 system.
- In response to high customer demand, you can now create and edit full-size 1920x1080i/p projects on RT.X2 and RT.X2 LE.
- You now have additional Matrox codec support, including capture and playback of MPEG-2 I-frame clips at up to 50 Mb/sec for SD video or 300 Mb/sec for HD video, and playback of DVCPRO HD clips (720p and 1080i).
- Support for capturing DVCPRO HD material natively over the 1394 interface in a Matrox sequence, and exporting a Matrox sequence to a DVCPRO HD device using Adobe DV/HDV device control.
- You can use Matrox A/V Tools to quickly and easily capture clips, grab single-frame images, and play back clips in a clip list.
- More WYSIWYG output configuration options are available to let you configure the settings you want for previewing your WYSIWYG output, similar to the video output settings available when you use RT.X2 with Adobe Premiere Pro.
For a list of previously supported features that have been removed from this release, see the Matrox RT.X2 Release Notes.
Important: Matrox Mtx.utils 5.0 replaces the Matrox Mx.tools 4.2.1 and earlier software for use with RT.X2 products. You must therefore uninstall all previous Mx.tools software by choosing Start > All Programs > Matrox Mx.tools > Uninstall Matrox Mx.tools. When prompted, choose to remove the Matrox effect patterns. After uninstalling Matrox Mx.tools, you must also uninstall your Adobe CS4 software and upgrade to CS5 as follows:
- If you want to upgrade all your Adobe CS4 software to CS5, uninstall all your Adobe CS4 software, then install your CS5 software.
- If you don't want to upgrade all your Adobe CS4 software to CS5, you can uninstall only the Adobe software that you use with Matrox RT.X2 (such as Premiere Pro, After Effects, and Encore), and then install the CS5 versions of these programs.
Once you've removed Matrox Mx.tools and installed your Adobe CS5 software, you should also install any other third-party programs for which you want to install the Matrox WYSIWYG plug-ins, such as eyeon Fusion.
- If you have the beta release of Mtx.utils 5.0 installed on your computer, uninstall it by choosing Start > All Programs > Matrox Mtx.utils > Uninstall Matrox Mtx.utils.
- Download the following file to your hard drive:
MtxUtils_50.exe (402 MB)
Note: When server traffic is heavy, you may be prompted to enter your user name and password to connect to the Matrox FTP server. This indicates that the maximum connection limit to the server has been reached. If this happens, click Cancel in the displayed dialog box, and then try the download again later.
- Run the downloaded file and follow the onscreen instructions to install Matrox Mtx.utils.
- If you want to set up Matrox wipes in your Adobe Premiere Pro sequences and you haven't yet installed the Matrox effect patterns for Mtx.utils 5.0, download the following file to your hard drive: MtxFxPatterns.exe (391 MB)
- Run the downloaded file and follow the onscreen instructions to install the Matrox effect patterns.
For Windows 7 users: When installing Matrox Mtx.utils on a Windows 7 system, Windows will check the Microsoft Windows Update website for the latest device drivers, which will slow down the installation. To prevent this, click the status message that appears in the Windows notification area during the driver installation, and in the displayed dialog box, click "Skip obtaining driver software from Windows Update."
For more information about installing Matrox Mtx.utils and other Matrox RT.X2 software, see your Matrox RT.X2 Installation Manual.
Note: This version of Mtx.utils installs software for your Matrox RT.X2 product as well as the Matrox CompressHD card. You can therefore use your RT.X2 hardware with CompressHD.