Matrox Announces Support for ToolsOnAir Just:In Video Capture Application with the Matrox MXO2 I/O Device
IBC 2009 - Amsterdam - September 10, 2009 — Matrox® Video Products Group today announced ToolsOnAir's Just:In video capture application with the Matrox MXO2 I/O device for the Mac. Just:In is an Apple QuickTime-based ingest solution that fits perfectly into the production process of any TV station, or post production studio. It lets users capture SD and HD video feeds from a broad range of devices to MOV and MXF formats. With its network-based multichannel architecture, users can control multiple hardware devices at the same time using the same user interface which includes a streaming preview of all video. Just:In includes support for batch digitizing, VTR control, crash recording, and scheduled recording.
"Matrox MXO2 provides all the features of an I/O card and breakout box with the added advantage of portability," said Wayne Andrews, senior product manager at Matrox. "Now with support for Just:In, users have the flexibility to ingest MOV and MXF formats not only in the studio, but also in the field."
ToolsOnAir products will be demonstrated at IBC 2009 on stand 7.J47. The Matrox products will be demonstrated on stand 7.B29.
Key features of Matrox MXO2
- Works with Intel-based MacBook Pros, Mac Pros, and Apple Xserve systems
- Lightweight, fits in a laptop bag
- Can run off a field battery or its AC adapter
- HD/SD SDI, HD/SD analog component, Y/C, and composite inputs and outputs
- Genlock – SD analog black burst (bi-level) or HD tri-level sync
- HDMI input, output, and monitoring with calibration controls including blue-only
- 10-bit realtime hardware up/down/cross conversion on capture and output
- Up to five user selectable simultaneous video outputs – HD and/or SD on HDMI, SDI, and analog
- Professional audio inputs and outputs with 5.1 surround sound monitoring
- RS-422 machine control for frame-accurate capture and print-to-tape
- Captures to a variety of codecs – Apple ProRes 422 HQ, 10-bit uncompressed HD, and many more
- File-based workflow support – XDCAM, XDCAM HD, XDCAM EX, P2, P2HD
- RED workflow support
- HD-SDI closed captioning support
- Works with Final Cut Pro, Apple Color, Adobe After Effects and all QuickTime applications that support the V-out component
- Also available with Matrox MAX for faster than realtime H.264 encoding
- Three-year hardware warranty and complimentary telephone support
Price and availability
Matrox MXO2, priced at $1,595 US (£1,095, €1,349), not including local taxes, is available through a worldwide network of authorized dealers. Support for the Just:In is included in Matrox MXO2 software release 1.6 which is available free of charge to registered MXO2 owners from the Matrox website.
ToolsOnAir is based in Vienna, Austria. It has built a comprehensive suite of video ingest and playout solutions that interface with Apple core technologies such as QuickTime and Quartz. For more information visit ToolsOnAir.
Matrox Video Products Group is a technology and market leader in the field of HD and SD digital video hardware and software for accelerated H.264 encoding, realtime editing, audio/video input/output, DVD/Blu-ray authoring, scan conversion, capture/playout servers, clip/still stores, and CGs. Matrox's Emmy award-winning technology powers a full range of content creation and delivery platforms used by broadcasters, post-production facilities, project studios, corporate communicators, and videographers worldwide. Founded in 1976, Matrox is a privately held company headquartered in Montreal, Canada. For more information visit Matrox Video.
Matrox is a registered trademark and Matrox MXO and Matrox MAX are trademarks of Matrox Electronic Systems Ltd. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners and are hereby acknowledged.