Servizi Informatici S.r.l Exploits the Power of Matrox DSX Developer Products in SI media Platform
Montreal, Canada, April 1, 2008 - Matrox® Video Products Group today announced that Servizi Informatici S.r.l, doing business under the name SI media, has chosen the Matrox DSX™ line of developer products as the hardware engine for its complete series of broadcast traffic, playout automation, media asset management, and newsroom solutions. More than 110 regional and national broadcasters including AL Watan TV (Kuwait), TVR (Romania), SIGE (Italy), and RTV38 (Italy) use the SI media platform for more than 238 channels on air 24/7.
"We decided to use the Matrox DSX products because the quality and reliability of the cards are ideal for broadcast environments," said Luigi Panozzo, president of SI media. "Moreover, past experience has shown us that Matrox offers a feature-rich software development kit and very good technical support during application development, which is important to us."
The Matrox DSX product line will be demonstrated at NAB 2008 in booth SL320.
About the SI media Platform
SI media solutions easily interface with any video server and archive system. They are modular and can be used stand-alone or integrated into a homogenous workflow sharing several information fields over the same SQL database and through XML protocol. The modules include:
- MediaSpot to manage advertising contracts, billing, and promo scheduling
- MediaList for long-term event/program scheduling
- MediaRec for manual and automatic scheduling of encoding sessions of video coming from any possible source such as live feed, VTR, satellite, etc.
- MediaPlay for playout automation with total control over live, tape, and file event
- MediaStore for media asset management with a fully customizable database structure defining metadata schemas (video, audio, picture, document, etc.) each with its own metadata set
About Matrox DSX Developer Products
The Matrox DSX product line combines a full range of professional audio and video hardware components with comprehensive Windows XP- and Linux-based Software Development Kits (SDK) that enable OEMs and developers to create a wide variety of cost-effective products and applications including ingest/playout servers, broadcast graphics systems, NLE systems, automation and master control units, multi-layer compositors, and medical media servers. The open-architecture Matrox DSX developer products leverage scalable CPU and GPU power in conjunction with high performance hardware to lead the industry in I/O density, native codec support, file format versatility, and on-board processing capability.
Key features of the Matrox DSX platforms:
- Modular architecture gives developers the flexibility to meet technical and price targets
- Multi-channel HD and SD video/audio I/O support from a single card
- Extensive native codec support in HD and SD including DV, D10 for IMX, HDV, DVCPRO HD, MPEG-2 4:2:2, MPEG-2 4:2:2:4 YUVA, MPEG HD for XDCAM HD, AVC-Intra for P2, and H.264
- Cross platform file format support - MXF, MOV, AVI, MPG, etc.
- Multi-layer on-board HD scaler/compositor
- Professional realtime effects including sub-pixel 2D/3D DVE, color correction, chroma/luma keying, graphics overlay, smooth speed changes, etc.
- Application development support by a team of dedicated, experienced engineers
About SI media
SI media, based in Treviso, Italy, is a privately owned company founded more than 25 years ago as a software house for television management systems. Today, it is a leader in the development and deployment of broadcast traffic, playout automation, media asset management, and newsroom solutions. For more information visit www.si-media.tv.
Matrox Video Products Group is a technology and market leader in the field of HD and SD digital video hardware and software for realtime editing, DVD authoring, capture/playout servers, clip/still stores, and CGs. Matrox's Emmy award-winning technology powers a full range of content creation and delivery platforms used by broadcasters, post-production facilities, project studios, corporate communicators, and videographers worldwide. Founded in 1976, Matrox is a privately held company headquartered in Montreal, Canada. For more information visit www.matrox.com/video.
Matrox is a registered trademark and Matrox DSX is a trademark of Matrox Electronic Systems Ltd. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners and are hereby acknowledged.