Matrox Announces New Multi-channel HD and SD I/O Card for Developers at IBC2011
Matrox Xmio2 Plus Card Delivers Advanced Failsafe Features that Guarantee 24/7 On-air Reliability
AMSTERDAM, IBC2011 – September 8, 2011 — Matrox® Video Products Group today announced a new addition to the Matrox DSX™ Developer Products family—the Matrox Xmio2 Plus card. An advanced multi-channel HD and SD I/O card, Matrox Xmio2 Plus introduces a new innovation, the Matrox Control Engine (MCE) which couples the predictability of a pipelined architecture to the flexibility of a memory-centric architecture to enable sophisticated failsafe functionality for rock-solid broadcast output. Matrox Xmio2 Plus also provides multi-layer scaling, multi-layer compositing, multi-channel frame synchronization with audio resampling, and other features OEMs need to build high-performance digital media systems.
"The new Matrox Xmio2 Plus card is designed to be used throughout the broadcast equipment chain—all the way from production to the last link in master control," said Alberto Cieri, senior director of sales and marketing, Matrox. "We continue to bring new innovations and to provide the outstanding application engineering support that enables our OEM partners to build more efficient workflows into their products."
Matrox Developer Products will be demonstrated at IBC2011 on stand 7.B29.
Key features of the Matrox DSX platforms
- Modular architecture gives developers the flexibility to meet technical and price targets
- Multi-channel HD and SD video/audio I/O support from a single card including 3 Gb/s for 1080p
- Matrox Control Engine (MCE) enables advanced failsafe functionality
- Extensive native codec support in HD and SD including DV, D10 for IMX, HDV, DVCPRO HD, MPEG-2 4:2:2, MPEG-2 4:2:2:4 YUVA, MPEG HD for XDCAM HD, MPEG HD422 for XDCAM HD422, AVC-Intra for P2, H.264, Apple® ProRes, and Avid® DNxHD
- Cross platform file format support - MXF, MOV, AVI, MPG, etc.
- Multi-layer onboard HD scaler/compositor
- Professional realtime effects including sub-pixel 2D/3D DVE, color correction, chroma/luma keying, graphics overlay, smooth speed changes, etc.
- Application development support by a team of dedicated, experienced engineers
Matrox Xmio2 Plus is available to developers now.
Matrox Video Products Group is a technology and market leader in the field of HD and SD digital video hardware and software for accelerated H.264 encoding, realtime editing, audio/video input/output, DVD/Blu-ray authoring, streaming, A/V signal conversion, capture/playout servers, clip/still stores, and CGs. Matrox's Emmy award-winning technology powers a full range of content creation and delivery platforms used by broadcasters, post-production facilities, project studios, corporate communicators, and videographers worldwide. Founded in 1976, Matrox is a privately held company headquartered in Montreal, Canada. For more information, visit www.matrox.com/video.
Matrox is a registered trademark and Matrox DSX is a trademark of Matrox Electronic Systems Ltd. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.