Machine vision, image analysis and medical imaging software development kit
Matrox Imaging Library (MIL)1 is a comprehensive collection of software tools for developing machine vision, image analysis and medical imaging software applications. MIL includes tools for every step in the process: from application feasibility, to prototyping, through to development and ultimately deployment.
The toolkit features interactive software and programming functions for image capture, processing, analysis, annotation, display and archiving. These tools are designed to enhance productivity, thereby reducing the time and effort required to bring your solution to market.
Image capture, processing and analysis operations have the accuracy and robustness needed to tackle the most demanding applications. These operations are also carefully optimized for speed to address the severe time constraints encountered in many applications.
- Solve applications rather than develop underlying tools by leveraging a toolkit with a 20-year history of reliable performance
- Tackle applications with utmost confidence using field-proven tools for analyzing, locating, measuring, reading, and verifying
- Harness the full power of today's hardware through optimizations exploiting SIMD, multi-core CPU, multi-CPU and FPGA technologies
- Easily support platforms ranging from smart cameras to HPC clusters via a single consistent and intuitive API
- Obtain live images from the interface of choice through support for analog, Camera Link®, CoaXpress, DVI-D, GigE Vision®, IEEE 1394 IIDC, SDI, and
USB3 Vision™ 2 transmission formats
- Maintain flexibility and choice by way of 32-bit Windows® XP, 32/64-bit Windows 7 and 8(.1), and 32/64-bit Linux® support
- Make the best use of available programming know-how with support for C, C++, C# and Visual Basic® languages
- Further increase productivity and reduce development costs by receiving training and assistance from our team of imaging experts
About MIL development
First released in 1993, MIL has evolved to keep pace with and foresee new industry requirements. It was conceived with an easy-to-use coherent application programming interface (API) that has stood the test of time. MIL pioneered the concept of hardware independence with the same API for different image acquisition and processing platforms. A team of highly-skilled and dedicated computer scientists, mathematicians, software engineers and physicists continue to maintain and enhance MIL.
MIL is developed using recognized industry best practices including peer review, user involvement, and daily builds. Users are asked to evaluate and report on new tools and enhancements, which strengthens and validates releases. Ongoing MIL development is integrated and tested as a whole on a daily basis.
About MIL SQA
In addition to the thorough manual testing performed prior to each release, MIL continuously undergoes automated testing during the course of its development. The automated validation suite, consisting of both systematic and random tests, verifies the accuracy, precision, robustness, and speed of image processing and analysis operations. Results, where applicable, are compared against those of previous releases to ensure that performance remains consistent. The automated validation suite runs continuously on hundreds of systems simultaneously, rapidly providing wide-ranging test coverage. The systematic tests are performed on a large database of images representing a broad sample of real-world applications.
|Manual testing performed prior to each release.||Partial set up of continuous automated testing.|
1. The software may be protected by one or more patents. See www.matrox.com/patents.
2. Only for Windows®.