Quad 4K Encoder Card
Experience Flexible 4K Streaming & Recording
Maevex 6100 Quad Encoder Card
The Matrox Maevex™ 6100 quad encoder PCI Express® card is the next generation in Matrox’s H.264 AV-over-IP portfolio—the world’s first card to deliver quad 4K input capture, plus multiple encodes to stream and/or record four or more channels simultaneously.
Coupled with Matrox PowerStream Plus™ software, the Maevex 6100 card delivers industry-leading technology providing flexible management of local or remote data, ensuring complete reach and control over the entire network.
The Matrox Maevex 6100 quad encoder card delivers industry-leading 4K/UHD and Full HD multi-channel capture, encode, and stream AV-over-IP. Built on H.264, the world’s most common codec, this plug-and-play solution fits seamlessly into existing infrastructures and interoperates with any device on the network, ensuring high-density content distribution and system scalability.
Matrox is the first in the world to drive quad inputs and four or more streams simultaneously from a single PCIe card. With the Maevex 6100 card, benefit from multiple channels of 4K/UHD and Full HD capture, plus real-time encode, stream, and record capabilities. Combine multiple cards to support high-density encoding of up to 68 channels of 4K capture and real-time encoding and streaming within a single system. Matrox’s powerful advanced hybrid streaming (AHS) features provide multiple picture-in-picture (PIP) and picture-by-picture (PBP) composite options, multi-protocol and multi-bitrate streaming, and more. Our technology promises unprecedented quality you expect, without the need for a dedicated distribution network; we help you use the infrastructure you have and expand its capabilities.
With simultaneous streaming, processing, and recording on all channels, Maevex 6100 allows for transmission of live or recorded content to and from multiple video-on-demand platforms. The H.264 universal codec lets you encode on multiple channels at low-bitrates for excellent quality and minimal network bandwidth consumption—even at 4K; you can then decode network contents using any device. Customizable settings on each independent channel provide powerful scaling and deinterlacing to ensure only pristine graphics and video are encoded.
Complete Reach and Control
Manage content, access hardware, and monitor all streams from any location on the network via robust Matrox PowerStream Plus software. Installed on the network, PowerStream Plus renders Maevex cards and appliances entirely configurable, manageable, and updateable via on-demand access to any network-connected computer. Easily tailor your operations by integrating PowerStream Plus features into existing applications or creating new software applications with the modifiable Maevex PowerStream Plus API and provided source code examples. Parallel processing capabilities let you conduct different tasks simultaneously within an AV-over-IP environment. The Maevex 6100 card delivers an unlimited number of streams through third-party technology like streaming media servers, content delivery networks (CDNs), and others, thereby guaranteeing complete control over your network installation.
The Matrox Advantage
Matrox has earned its reputation as an industry leader through 40 years of continuous innovation. Our in-house design expertise, top-to-bottom manufacturing, and dedicated customer support make our solutions the premier choice in industries that require high-reliability products. We build true partnerships with our customers by meeting their evolving needs over multiple product generations.
- Run open-standard H.264, the world’s most common codec, for compatibility with all computers, devices, and networks.
- Compatible with the full range of Matrox AV-over-IP solutions, including Maevex 5100 encoders and decoders, Mura IPX video wall cards, and more.
Reliable & Scalable Software
- Provide centralized network management—using PowerStream Plus software— of the complete Maevex topology.
- Manage user credentials and control network access.
- Facilitate remote and multi-location access.
- Allow easy programming and integration in custom applications.
- Simplify workflow with auto discovery of any Maevex unit on the subnet, and easy manual addition for units outside the subnet.
- Streamline encoding/recording management and switching of streams with a simple-to-use interface and no additional equipment.
- Operate across multiple APIs to address your preferred OS. 1
- Ensure low cost of implementation, as it runs on industry-standard 1 GB network and fits into your existing network infrastructure.
- Support class-leading YUV 4:4:4 and RGB 8:8:8 for the highest image quality.
- Provide efficient bandwidth utilization, customizable for default and/or user-defined bitrates.
- Reduce cost per stream by offering easy-to-implement scalability, small form-factor design, and minimal power consumption.
- Ensure comprehensive interoperability with all H.264-compatible sources and devices.
- Facilitate mixing and matching of existing and new technologies through scalable systems and software.
Trusted Matrox Quality
- Built, engineered, and supported by Matrox—consistently meeting demands for industry-leading technology, technical consulting services, integration assistance, and the highest manufacturing standards.
1. Non-Windows® operating systems coming soon.
Maevex 6100 quad encoder card offers easy-to-implement scalability with the ability to combine up to 17 cards per validated chassis, supporting up to 68 channels of 4K/UHD and Full HD multi-channel encoding, decoding, and streaming.
Small form-factor design of the Maevex 6100 card provides flexible ease-of-use in applications where PC involvement is required.
Matrox-branded and OEM-ready, our Maevex 6100 stand-alone appliance powers many applications, with vertically specialized software by our leading development partners.