Matrox MuraControl for Windows
Video Wall Management Software
Take Control of Your Video Wall
Matrox MuraControl™ for Windows® is an intuitive, feature-rich application that allows you to manage your video wall powered by Matrox Mura MPX Series video wall processor cards or C-Series multi-display graphics cards*, combined with Mura IPX 4K capture and IP encode/decode cards. Run the software locally or remotely—and use it to create, save and edit layouts offline or in real time so your source content appears precisely where you want it, how you want it.
Layout Management Features
- Create, save, rename, copy, and delete layouts
- Switch from layout to layout with a single click
- Preview your entire video wall with adjustable quality and refresh rate sliders via Preview Surface functionality NEW
- Lock a layout to prevent accidental changes
- Import or export a layout
- Control background color as well as window border color and width
- Scroll marquee text across the wall (includes multi-lingual Unicode support)
- Create a layout offline and then push it live, or edit layouts online in real time
- Add and control external applications such as VLC®, VNC®, Internet Explorer®, PowerPoint® Viewer, and Image Viewer on the video wall
- Render HTML5 feeds such as social media, digital signage, weather & stock market updates NEW
- Create layout schedules to automatically switch from one layout to another
Window Management Features
- Position windows anywhere on the wall using a mouse or keyboard
- Resize a window precisely by entering the custom input size using four separate fields or click and drag a window corner to maintain the aspect ratio of a window while scaling
- Clone an input source to multiple windows
- Label visible windows
- Advanced window cropping—either by graphically resizing the viewport through the UI or by entering precise cropping coordinates to achieve maximum pixel accuracy
- Intuitive Z-order management
- Support for picture-in-picture configurations
- Add multi-lingual text overlay—specify font, color, size, location, and blink & scroll speed
- Window transparency and colour keying functions
Source Management Features
- Renaming, cropping, rotation (90°, 180°, and 270°), and text overlay functionality
- Source-specific hue, saturation, brightness, and contrast color correction parameters
- Multiple deinterlacing filters—including single field, bob, weave, and adaptive techniques
- Source touring for automated source switching within one or more windows in a layout
- Create an IP source using Matrox Mura IPX decoding support NEW
- Run the software locally or remotely
- Control video walls powered by Matrox C-Series* multi-display graphics cards alone or with Mura IPX NEW
- Run the desktop or replace it with a static background
- Connect to the controller using an IP address or computer name
- Start and stop the controller from within the application
- Create custom gridlines and control window snap behaviour to the lines, other windows, and/or physical displays
- UPnP support enables automatic identification of all Mura controllers within the local subnet
Matrox MuraControl (Part # MURA-CTRLWF) is compatible with Matrox Mura MPX Series, Mura IPX Series, and C-Series* hardware. The Mura MPX Network API must be installed on the controller system in order for MuraControl to run.
MuraControl for Windows is compatible with Windows 7, Windows 8.1, Windows 10 and Windows Server® 2008 R2.
A software license in the form of a USB dongle is required for use and may be purchased from Matrox partners. Please contact Matrox for details.
*Not available with Matrox C420
Matrox MuraControl — Part 1: How to Create, Preview and Apply Video Wall Layouts
Matrox MuraControl for Windows is an intuitive, feature-rich application that allows you to manage video walls powered by Matrox Mura MPX capture and display boards. Discover how you can start creating, previewing, and applying layouts within the easy-to-use software so that your video wall appears exactly as you want it to.
Video length: 2min 34s.
MPEG-4 - 150 MB
Matrox and Matrox product names are registered trademarks and/or trademarks of Matrox Electronic Systems, Ltd. and/or Matrox Graphics Inc. in Canada and/or other countries.
Windows, Windows Server, Internet Explorer, and PowerPoint are registered trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and other countries.
VLC is a trademark internationally registered by the VideoLAN non-profit organization.
VNC is a registered trademark of RealVNC Ltd. in the U.S. and in other countries.