End of life (EOL) effective May 2011
Accelerate IP video decoding. Offload the CPU. Maximize system responsiveness.
The Matrox Video Decoding Accelerator (VDA) was designed for large-scale security networks and installations that require live 24/7 monitoring of multiple IP streams simultaneously, at high/full frame rate. It is ideal for transportation and city surveillance projects that involve high-traffic areas, fast-moving objects and the need to monitor behavioral cues.
The VDA-1164 is a graphics board set, comprised of a video decoding board that can decode up to 16 D1 IP streams simultaneously, and a PCIe x16 quad-display output board capable of displaying the decoded streams in their native resolutions, at full 30fps on up to four high-definition monitors.
Though high-volume, high frame-rate IP decoding would traditionally require multiple workstations, the hardware-accelerated IP decoding provided by the decoding board completely offloads the host CPU. With VDA installed, a single workstation running complex video and situation management software can decode and display large volumes of high frame-rate IP.
- Simultaneously decodes and displays up to 16 D1 streams*
- Completely offloads the system CPU from the burden of simultaneously decoding multiple IP video streams, maximizing system responsiveness to alarms, operator interactions and other applications
- Displays streams in their captured resolutions across multiple monitors, without compromising image quality or dropping frames
- Supports IP cameras and encoders from leading manufacturers
- Engineered to enable swift integration of new network devices—for a future-proof IP surveillance installation
*Performance dependent on codec and camera type.