Matrox Extio F1220
End of life (EOL) April 2012
Dual Monitor Remote Graphics Unit (RGU)
The Matrox Extio F1220 drives up to two monitors for a resolution of up to 1920 x 1200 per display. A fanless device, Extio F1220 permits a quiet and secure environment by separating the host computer from the monitors and other user peripherals, including keyboard, mouse and audio by up to 250 meters (820 ft) of fiber-optic cable.
- Separate user devices from the computer by up to 250 meters (820 feet) of fiber-optic cable
- Support for up to two digital monitors, two analog monitors, or one of each from a single workstation
- Joined graphics card mode enables an additional Matrox DualHead* graphics solution to work in tandem in one system to drive up to four displays**
- Twin Stretched Mode allows the content on the displays connected to the Extio F1220 to be cloned to an additional Matrox DualHead add-in card inside the host system**
- Support for resolutions up to 1920 x 1200 per display
- Passive cooling (heat sink with no fan) for silent operation and extra reliability
- 6 USB 2.0 ports (downward compatible with USB 1.x) for keyboard, mouse, and other USB peripherals (4 in front and 2 in back)
- 2 IEEE 1394 ports for FireWire compatible devices†
- Integrated audio hardware
- Multi-function audio-output connector for an optical-S/PDIF signal or analog-stereo signal
- Standard analog audio connectors (microphone, stereo-line-in, and stereo-line-out)
- PCI and PCIe (PCI Express) fiber-optic interface cards (sold separately)
- Matrox UltraSharp Display Output Technology for the industry's highest-quality digital and analog outputs
- Unified Microsoft Windows 2000, Windows XP, and Windows Vista XDDM display driver for Extio series products
- Easy-to-use Matrox PowerDesk display driver interface
- Widescreen resolution support & additional functionality via Matrox PowerRes
- Display pivoting (rotation) support
- Matrox Clone to view a copy of one display on the other displays
- Global sales and technical support
- 2-year warranty
* With Joined graphics card mode, a DualHead graphics card can only be joined with another DualHead graphics card to drive a maximum of four displays.
** Joined graphics card mode multi-display configurations can be obtained by downloading the Matrox PowerDesk-SE version 2.04 display driver and above.
† Contact email@example.com for compliant FireWire devices.
- Matrox Extio F1220 remote graphics unit
- Universal, external, 12-volt-DC, 5-amp, power adapter
- Power cables for various regions (North America / Japan, UK, Continental Europe, Australia)
† Fiber-optic cable and low-profile, fiber-optic interface card (PCI or PCIe) sold separately (with ATX and low-profile brackets).
- Matrox display drivers for Microsoft Windows 2000, Windows Server 2003, Windows XP, and Windows XP X64 (64-bit) ‡
- Matrox PowerDesk (driver interface and utilities)
- Audio drivers for Microsoft Windows 2000, Windows Server 2003, Windows XP, and Windows XP X64 (64-bit)
‡ Drivers for Windows Vista XDDM available online. For other possible operating systems, contact Matrox.