End of life (EOL) effective January 2012
Matrox Epica TC4
Expressly designed for thin computing and other mission-critical systems, Epica series graphics cards have innovative, new, server-based software from Matrox to manage multi-display configurations in remote sessions. The Matrox Epica TC4 graphics card supports up to four digital or analog monitors at a time. For maximum compatibility and flexibility, Epica cards are designed for the PCI slots found in most modern PCs and have low-profile form factors to fit in an even wider variety of systems. For greater reliability, Epica cards also have passive (fanless) cooling and a single Matrox-designed graphics chip to control each display. By helping to manage large amounts of information, Matrox multi-display technology can improve productivity and reduce errors in thin-computing environments.
- Matrox Remote PowerDesk Epica and Matrox Remote PowerSpace server-based software to remotely manage multi-display sessions
- Support for Microsoft RDP, Citrix ICA for Windows, and Linux desktop remote connection software
- Support for up to four digital or analog monitors at a time (in "independent"* or "stretched" mode)
- Joined graphics card mode enables an additional Matrox Quad graphics solution** to work in tandem in one system to drive up to eight displays†
- PCI card compatible with all PCI and PCI-X slots
- Low-profile form factor to fit in a wider variety of systems
- Passive cooling (heat sink with no fan) for silent operation and extra reliability
- Expected power consumption of 15.4 watts or less
- 128 MB graphics memory
- Matrox UltraSharp Display Output Technology
- 1600 x 1200 maximum resolution per display *
- Display driver for Microsoft Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows XP Embedded (XPe), Windows Vista XDDM and Linux
- Matrox Clone to view a copy of one display on the other displays
- Display pivoting (rotation)
- Support for displays with special aspect ratios
- Support for customizable unattended installation for rapid multi-system setup
- Global sales and technical support
- 3-year warranty
For stretched and independent mode support for quad-display products, click here.
** With Joined graphics card mode, a DualHead graphics card can only be joined with another DualHead graphics card to drive a maximum of four displays.
† Joined graphics card mode multi-display configurations can be obtained by downloading the Matrox PowerDesk-SE version 2.04 display driver and above.
- Matrox Epica TC4 graphics card (with factory-installed ATX bracket)
- KX20-to-DVI quad-monitor adapter cable (1-foot)
- 4 DVI-to-HD15 connector adapters
- Separate low-profile bracket
- Matrox display drivers for Microsoft Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows XPe, Windows Vista XDDM and Linux to be installed on the client ‡
- Matrox Remote PowerDesk desktop management software for Windows Client XPe and Linux Client to be installed on the server side ‡
- Matrox Remote PowerSpace virtual desktop management software for Windows Client XPe and Linux Client to be installed on the server side ‡
‡ To download drivers and software, click here.