MatroxÂ® Announces Maevexâ¢ 6150: Quad-4K Capable Encoding Appliance
Quad encoder appliance allows top-quality 4K streaming & recording functionality, enhanced with zero-latency pass-through
The Matrox Maevex 6150 stand-alone
appliance delivers industry-leading quad 4K
capture plus multiple encodes to stream and/or
record four or more channels simultaneously,
all in a convenient form factor
Montreal — March 21, 2017 —â Following the customer, partner, and media enthusiasm seen after releasing the MatroxÂ® Maevexâ¢ 6100 series of multi-stream 4K products, Matrox Graphics is today unveiling an all-new multi-4K capable stand-alone encoding appliance. The Maevex 6150 quad 4K encoder appliance affords the full feature set of the Maevex 6100 quad encoder PCI ExpressÂ® card, delivering industry-leading quad 4K capture plus multiple encodes to stream and/or record at low bit rates. Offering four or more channels simultaneously, the Maevex 6150 provides an all-in-one, dual density form factor with the additional IO befitting an appliance.
With flexible encoding administration options, the Maevex 6150 can be easily programmed and controlled with the included robust Matrox PowerStream Plusâ¢ software, managed via custom applications using the PowerStream Plus API, or started/stopped directly on-device with designated on-appliance buttons.
âThe Maevex 5150 encoder and decoder appliances are extremely popular devices in digital signage, corporate communications, and military applications. The 6150 appliance builds on that success and will allow users with high-density streaming requirements, 4K and general high-quality desktop encoding needs to attain the results they require ,â said Ron Berty, business development manager, Matrox Graphics. âOur customers will be excited to discover how easily and flexibly theyâll be able to put 4K streams onto their networkâwith the existing bandwidth they have availableâand under the same software and development umbrella as the Maevex 5100 Series.â
Value added Maevex 6150 features:
- Integrate 4K streaming and recording seamlessly into workflow, with per-input, zero-latency pass-throughs providing content to local workstations in real-time.
- Preview media through a composited DisplayPortâ¢ output display to ensure all content appears exactly as intended before transmission.
- Find device IP and multiple stream addresses, system information, and other key information on the on-device LCD screen; allowing for swift operation and troubleshooting without need for a separate display.
- Operate without a dedicated system; six on-appliance buttons allow commands (start/stop streaming and recording) to be executed directly on-device in instances where software access is limited.
- Safeguard content integrity with three integrated USB connectors to preserve content to connected mass storage.
- Encode and autosync HDMIÂ® and/or analog audio inputs, with support for whatever AV content streaming your installation requires.
Matrox will be demonstrating the capabilities of the Maevex 6150 quad encoder appliance at NAB 2017 (Las Vegas, NV. Las Vegas Convention Center, Apr. 24-27, Stand: SL 6316).
Matrox Maevex 6150 will be available in Q3 2017. Register to be notified of the latest Maevex updates.
About Matrox Graphics Inc.
Matrox Graphics is a global manufacturer of reliable, high-quality ASICs, boards, appliances, and software. Backed by in-house design expertise and dedicated customer support, Matrox products deliver stellar capture, extension, distribution, and display. Engineering high-quality products since 1976, Matrox technology is trusted by professionals and partners worldwide. Matrox is a privately held company headquartered in Montreal, Canada. For more information, visit www.matrox.com/graphics.
Matrox and Matrox product names are registered trademarks and/or trademarks of Matrox Electronic Systems, Ltd. and/or Matrox Graphics Inc. in Canada and/or other countries. All other company and product names are registered trademarks and/or trademarks of their respective owners.